Careers with Choice Adoptions
Advancement and Marketing Specialist
Position: Advancement and Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Executive Director
Internal Interactions: Program Directors, Marketing/Fundraising, Digital Properties
Choice is a faith-based non-profit, 501(c)3 charitable organization licensed in Oregon and Washington to provide adoption services to families. Our mission is to serve all people involved in the adoption process and to protect vulnerable children. We take pride in our personal service, high ethical standards, and attention to detail.
Scope of Position
The Advancement and Marketing Specialist is responsible for providing quality services to all Choice Adoptions clients, staff, board members and community partners. This position reports to the Executive Director and will keep the Executive Director apprised of issues pertaining to the agency through positive, open communication.
The Advancement & Marketing Specialist will develop and execute industry leading marketing campaigns. The role will require a demonstrated excellence in website oversight, blogging, email marketing, social media utilization, ad development and placement and by every other available means to drive potential clients to the agency. The Advancement and Marketing Specialist will align with the agency mission and statement of faith. The following job description focuses on digital marketing and development, although an excellent candidate will be willing and able to assume other needed marketing functions as needed.
● Serve as a team expert in digital analytics spanning Web, Mobile, Social, Email and Media.
● Develop measurement plans which contain benchmarks and goals for each upcoming campaign.
● Access and analyze digital marketing data from a variety of analytic tools (Database, Email, Website, etc.) in order to create customized reports and dashboards. In some cases, this data will be delivered to you.
● Analytic Tools/ Data Sources of focus include: Websites analytics (Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics), Dashboard (Tableau) and Email.
● Other analysis areas include: Banner Ads, Video, Print, Mobile, Search, and Social. ● Analyze digital marketing performance based on customer and product segmentation and developing segmentation approaches for customers and prospects. ● Recommend contact optimization strategies to maximize revenue and profit. It is important to be able to connect performance to business impact.
● Ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
● Provide ad hoc reporting.
● Create and track Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and other digital advertising for maximum effectiveness.
● Create and recommend print, billboard, television, and radio campaigns appropriate for the marketplace.
● Track each campaign, report results and create goals for future campaigns.
Social Media Utilization:
● Create a strong and compelling presence in all areas of social media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIN, Reddit, YouTube and other emerging social media platforms.
● Oversee social media team, ensuring updates of all social media platforms occur daily with new and compelling content that will drive engagement with the website. ● Engage social media platforms with consistency of voice and on message for the growth of the listener audience based on mutually agreed upon campaigns and promotions. ● Demonstrate nimbleness in addressing up-to-the-minute cultural happenings in posts with promotion of related content.
Website Content Creation and Maintenance:
● Interface with website software to create evolving, relevant website content and compelling graphics.
● Measure and maximize SEO keyword efficacy.
● Update website graphics, photos and other content as needed.
Blog Development and Maintenance:
● Develop a creative and compelling voice in the blogosphere with regular updates on topics ranging from the addition of new features, new broadcasters and a “behind the scenes” look at development and execution.
● Post new content at least once weekly that will engage listeners and inform broadcasters.
● Curate additional content from partner postings to give an extra benefit to those partners while enhancing the user experience for the audience.
Digital Marketing and Communication
● Utilize the email platform (and determine if it’s the right one) that exists and work with cross-promotion with many partner groups.
● Determine and execute the appropriate number of emails weekly.
● Track performance of all email campaigns and recommend modifications or changes for future campaigns.
● Demonstrate an ability to respond quickly to timely information or developments. ● Support digital webinar video programs.
● Develop, edit and produce digital video materials including videography, sound and editing with digital software.
Creative Campaign Development:
● Always seeking new avenues for the promotion of core audience as well as the acquisition of new audiences.
● Work with the other teams to create and execute promotional campaigns that will be mutually beneficial.
● Maintain awareness of new and up-to-date approaches to marketing and make recommendations on how to harness those platforms.
● Collaborate with fundraising coordinators to market agency events.
● Work with a donor development team to support and enhance the agency's reach and influence.
● Be willing to travel to regional offices to work with local staff to raise awareness and market local agency services.
● Provide oversight of transition to the new CRM platform.
● Research opportunities to increase mission reach to new areas of the country.
● Research, plan, organize and execute fundraising events
This position will be measured by the number of new qualified acquired warm leads and total children helped per year.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing business, computer science or related degree.
● 1+ year of hands-on experience in marketing.
● 1+ year of experience in the digital media space.
● Competence in CRM and email marketing platforms.
● Demonstrated fluency and engagement with all leading social media platforms. Skills:
● Excellent interpersonal skill and an ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment. ● Strong computer skills with demonstrated abilities with software packages. ● Ability to thrive in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
● Enthusiasm for learning new systems, processes and platforms.
● Ability to report and communicate with Executive Director in all areas of responsibility. Compensation:
● The duties outlined in this job description are not all inclusive and additional duties and tasks will be assigned as required.
● Fair Labor Standards Classification: Monthly, Exempt
● Choice is an equal employment provider
● Pay range is $45,000 - $60,000 per year, depending on experience
● Full time position
● Eligible for two weeks’ paid vacation annually and sick time
● Medical insurance is provided for employees only.
● A voluntary retirement plan is offered after 24 months of continuous employment with a 3% employer matching benefit.
● Oregon is an “employment-at-will” state. This means that either the employer or employee may end the employment relationship at any time and for any reason, unless a law or contract provides to the contrary.
Please send resumes and inquiries via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. We thank all of those who apply and advise that we will respond only to those selected for an interview.